Sunday, May 9, 2010

How to Download Mechwarrior 4: A Workaround of MTX, the Download Client of Mektek

How to Download Mechwarrior 4: A Workaround of MTX, the Download Client of Mektek


Mektek crumpled again so I think it's high time I discuss this workaround of Mektek's flawed download client. (While Mektek has said that MTX can still download Mechwarrior 4 even if their server goes down, I stopped using it when I discovered there was no Pause button anywhere in the client. I could be wrong though but I'm going to try the thing again only after I get some answers from their support forums.)

Tateru Nino of Dwellonit.com has devised a way to get the game and get it working without using MTX. The link after the jump.

NOTE: The link below takes you outside of Imbacore. I have never tested the procedure myself and have posted this for friends who are desperate to get a copy of Mechwarrior 4. It's not also a guarantee that you can get Mektek's future patches if you use this procedure. It also involves a registry tweak, something that's potentially dangerous if you don't follow it directly. Use the procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK.

>>> See Tateru Nino's article on how to download Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries for free without using MTX HERE.
>>>More free PC FPS HERE
>>>Free PC RPG games HERE
>>>Freeware strategy games HERE

0 comments: